The joy of living in a condominium. No Grass to cut, no snow removal, no bushes to trim, a pool, a lake house, and easy living. While you have a condo association that takes care of all these tasks, you need to know that it is still important to protect your interest in the condominium or townhouse with insurance.
Condo insurance is a unique form of insurance that is specific to condo owners.
While some Condominiums have a separate policy for the Entire Condominium individual units are explicitly excluded. (with extremely limited exception.)
You will require additional coverage for your unit to cover the walls, floor, fixtures, furnishings, cabinets, and even wall coverings and personal belongings.
The policy held by the majority of the condominiums covers the studs and the sub-flooring nothing more.
Before getting a quote for your condo please keep the following things in mind.
- Become familiar with the association’s insurance responsibility.
- Value (appraisal preferred) your personal belongings including your most prized possessions
- Determine if flood or earthquake insurance is a wise investment given the location and recent history.
- Determine if you need actual cash value or replacement cost coverage.
- Determine if you will need extended coverage for valuables.
- Understand how much liability coverage you wish to have and how much you currently have if any.
When you are ready to review your coverage options get in touch with us.
You may also begin the quote process by requesting a quote directly.